After years of anticipation and development, we’re excited to say that the newest version of the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®), ARE 5.0, is here! We want to make sure you have all the information you need to transition from ARE 4.0 to ARE 5.0, which is why we’ve been hard at work preparing these essential resources.
ARE Exam Videos
We know you’re curious about what to expect from the updated exam. Watch these two new test prep videos to get familiar with the new exam format—and then check out our ARE 5.0 division video series to review the content.
ARE 5.0 Exam Strategies Video
Explore several tips and techniques to help you navigate and take a division of ARE 5.0, including pointers on item types and scoring, navigating to a case study during your exam, and approaching case study resources efficiently.
ARE 5.0 Exam Navigation Video
Walk through the new exam’s navigation tools and format with an NCARB expert. Watch to learn more about accepting the Candidate Agreement, using the tools available to you in the new exam, marking and reviewing items, and exiting the exam when you're finished.
Explore the ARE 5.0 Community
Not sure how to request your eligibilities or prepare for a division? Looking for a study group or some study tips, or need real-time help? You can find all that and more in the ARE 5.0 Community. Plus, our experts have shared detailed explanations in the Taking ARE 5.0 knowledge base, including:
- How to request ARE eligibilities
- How to transition to ARE 5.0
- How to pay for and schedule an ARE 5.0 division
And remember, the first 600 candidates to test on each division will receive a $100 gift card.
Looking for More Resources?
Get ready with these ARE 5.0 study materials.
- ARE 5.0 Handbook: Your go-to resource for understanding ARE 5.0, providing a breakdown of each exam division, sample questions, suggested study resources, and more.
- ARE 5.0 Guidelines: This essential document includes an introduction to the exam and an overview of exam policies and procedures you should know before you take the ARE.
- ARE Demo Exam: Want to get familiar with the new format? Use the ARE 5.0 Demonstration Exam—accessible via your NCARB Records—to practice navigating the exam interface.