Earlier this year, our Monograph Series was renamed the Continuum Education Program. Although the name has changed, our goal is the same: to offer quality professional development materials for individuals at every stage in their architecture careers, ranging from students to seasoned professionals.
The new name emphasizes NCARB’s focus on continuous learning as a crucial part of your professional life. We’ll continue to release regular self-study continuing education (CE) courses—formerly called mini-monographs—as a free benefit for NCARB Certificate holders and licensure candidates with an active NCARB Record.
Each Continuum Education course includes a short article and related quiz, offering 1 to 2.5 learning units (LUs) in Health, Safety, and Welfare. You can access free courses by browsing our online collection. Then, download your selected course and take the quiz.
Start with our most popular courses—many of which are the first installation in a series!
- Barrier-Free Design and the 2010 ADA Standards
- Architectural Acoustics Illustrated Part I: Basic Theory & Sound Absorption
- Professional Conduct Part I: Registration
- Understanding the Architect’s Standard of Care
- Why Buildings Fail Part I: Forces and Destructive Agents: Natural and Human-Caused Hazards
- Predesign Planning Part I
- Fire Safety in Buildings Part I: Fire Behavior and Fire Department Operations