Similar to a supervisor or mentor, you can look to your licensing advisor for first-hand knowledge about navigating the Intern Development Program (IDP), passing the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®), and meeting your state’s licensure requirements. Last week, emerging professionals had the chance to ask three licensing advisors about the path to licensure.
Watch as Maryland licensing advisor Michael A. Daly, AIA, and two former advisors, NCARB Manager of Examination Development, Michelle Cohn, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, and Outreach Manager, Experience + Education, Kimberly Tuttle, AIA, NCARB, share invaluable tips.
Here’s a snapshot of your questions:
- When will NCARB release study materials for ARE 5.0?
- I don’t want to get caught between ARE 4.0 and 5.0. Should I wait to take my exams?
- When can I start earning IDP hours?
- Does my supervisor have to be an architect?
- What study materials do you recommend for the ARE?
- Can I earn IDP hours while studying abroad?
If you have specific questions regarding your Record, please contact Customer Service at 202-879-0520.