In a continued effort to help exam candidates prepare for the ARE, NCARB launched the Approved Test Prep Provider Program. Through this initiative, test prep companies can submit ARE 5.0 study materials to NCARB for review.
All NCARB-approved materials are listed below and will use NCARB’s Test Prep Provider logo to designate their status. As always, we encourage candidates to take advantage of NCARB’s study resources, including the ARE 5.0 Handbook and Test Prep Video Series.
Please note: NCARB’s Approved Test Prep Provider Program exists to serve the exam candidate community. However, NCARB cannot guarantee that using one or more of the approved study materials listed below will ensure that a candidate will pass a division or divisions of the ARE. While the Approved Test Prep Provider study materials listed by NCARB may be of assistance as part of a candidate’s overall test preparation strategy, passing the ARE requires knowledge gained from education and experience.
Approved Test Prep Providers
Submissions are reviewed by an NCARB committee of volunteer architects, who evaluate whether the materials adequately address the content areas and objectives outlined in the ARE 5.0 Handbook.
Since the program launched in April 2018, NCARB has approved the following ARE 5.0 study materials:
- Black Spectacles prep course: Practice Management
- Black Spectacles prep course: Project Management
- Black Spectacles prep course: Programming & Analysis
- Black Spectacles prep course: Project Planning & Design
- Black Spectacles prep course: Project Development & Documentation
- Black Spectacles prep course: Construction & Evaluation
- Architect Exam Prep study package: Practice Management
- Architect Exam Prep study package: Project Management
- ARE 5.0 Exam Review: Practice Management
- ARE 5.0 Exam Review: Project Management
- ARE 5.0 Exam Review: Programming & Analysis
- ARE 5.0 Exam Review: Construction & Evaluation
Questions About the Program
Interested in applying to the Approved Test Prep Provider Program? Email TestPrepProvider@ncarb.org to request more information. Questions about test prep materials should be directed to the provider.